Kubernetes is a portable, extensible, open-source platform for managing containerized workloads and services, that facilitate both automation and configuration.
If you already are on your way down this path, you already love it. If not, you will fall in love with it soon.
Containers are a good way to package and run applications. In your production environment, you need to manage the containers that run the applications and make sure that there is no downtime. This means that if a container goes down, Another container needs to start.
This is what Kubernetes does for you. Kubernetes provides you with a framework to run distributed systems resiliently. It takes care of failover and scaling of your application, provides deployment, and more.
If your development strategy is leaning towards Kubernetes and containerization, you will benefit from:
- Service discovery and load balancing
- Storage orchestration
- Automated rollouts and rollbacks
- Automatic bin packing
- Secret and configuration management
When entering the path of containerization, you will benefit from agile application creation and deployment, Ci/Cd, Dev and Ops separation of concerns, consistency across development, testing, and production, portability, micro-services, resource isolation and resource utilization. All in all; efficient application development, maintenance, and operations.
Trust Innofactor in your Kubernetes journey
Innofactor offers help on all maturity levels to succeed in your Kubernetes journey.
- Kubernetes Kickstarter. The very first introduction to Kubernetes with a hands-on lab approach. The approach includes basic assessment of existing deployment: Minimum of one Kubernetes environment on Azure, maximum of three (Prod, Test, Dev), minimum of one and maximum of three Kubernetes clusters, one "Hello-World" application with Azure DevOps Build pipeline, one "Hello-World" application with Azure DevOps Release pipeline, one "Hello-World" containerized application running in the Kubernetes cluster, and basic cluster monitoring setup. See more at Azure Marketplace.
- Kubernetes DevOps assistance. Based on proven blueprints and tooling, Innofactor assists in your release trains in a DevOps role.
- Adding the experience from containerized service deployments and Azure Kubernetes Services based projects at some of the largest companies in the Nordics, you will onboard some of the most experienced professionals in this field. We of course hold Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certifications.